View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 09:02 PM   #1095
PF4Mobile
Guru
PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Touch, EEE 800 Note, Entourage PE, finally M92
This (Onyx OS) is Unix, right?
Would it be possible to have a Ctrl-Alt-Del like option to bring up a screen with Unix utils?

Today I run into the strange situation where my ereader refused to use the highlighting tool. Any attempt to continue to use this in the current document would completely block the ereader with only two options left: Go to stand by and Reboot (both via the power button).

It was the first time when I really wanted to have the option to kill the PDF reader process.
The other thing that should be useful would be a set of utils to check the sanity of the internal flash or the SD card.

I am not sure what happened today but all of a sudden the highlighting became painfully slow and I hoped that by closing the document and opening the document again I will solve the issue. After that I started experiencing the above with the highlighting freezing the ereader.

There must be a last resort tool to allow us to debug situations like this.

Last edited by PF4Mobile; 12-10-2012 at 12:34 AM.
PF4Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote