View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 02:22 PM   #16
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaKing View Post
The word is that the iPod Touch didn't have auto focus because it was too thin. A better battery (thicker) might give it the room the auto focus mechanism needs.
Thicker iPod is a plus!

Quote:
Still with the WiFi Galaxy Players 4" and 5" and another (??4.2 or 3.6??) which includes GPS and all cost less than $200 there is a lot of pressure on Apple. The problem with the Galaxy's is 800 pixel width compared to about 950 pixel width on the iPod. Since the screen on the iPod is smaller, the image is sharper.
I have both the SGP4 and the iPt4
  • SGP4 Display -- 4.0" ... 800x480 ... 240 ppi
  • iPt4 Display: 3.5" ... 960x640 ... 326 ppi

After numerous side-by-sides, the SGP4's display is brighter and has richer colors than the iPt4's display. Though text is sharper on the iPt4. Kudos to Samsung for choosing a really good bargain LCD display for the SGP4. Their phones have even better SAMOLED displays. Unfortunately, the display for the SGP5 sucks when compared to the SGP4.

Quote:
I have said this before. I hope Samsung spins off the Note into something like a Note Touch just leaving out the cellular part and maybe cutting some specs to get to $250. That is a good price for Kings and monkeys.
***** I give that a 5-Star monkey rating
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote