View Single Post
Old 06-23-2011, 07:27 PM   #2
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool save it as an epub

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevenson View Post
Hi,

Confused and frustrated noob here.

I have a large chunk of a web site that is to be turned into an ePub. I couldn't find a way to add separate html files to my project in Sigil, so I put them all together into one huge html page and Opened that in Sigil. Then I went through and made chapter breaks in the file as needed. Worked like a charm!

But not quite. Having tired myself out I wanted to save it at that point and take a break. Easy, I thought, just select Save or hit the Save button. Nope. Sigil pops up an error dialog which says...

Well, the file was originally html, it's true. But looking at the code view I see this at the top of every chapter...

And all the chapters were created with the default file names, all of which end in .xhtml. The original imported file did not, so I changed its filename ending to .xhtml too. (It also has that code chunk at top identifying it as, I think, XHTML.)

What do I do now? Am I going to lose all that work?

Rob
first i gotta' tell you i'm pretty much of a noob myself when it comes to sigil. with that said i'd like to ask why you just don't save your work as an epub (which is just a zip file full of html's)?
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote