View Single Post
Old 12-15-2010, 02:04 PM   #7
PatNY
Zennist
PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350, Nook HD+ & HD
Sounds like you should buy something that supports both Adobe Digital Editions for library Overdrive books, as well as silent page turns. The only reader I can think of that does both are the newest Sonys.

The new Sony touch technology is great. If she is reading in bed for up to two hours, you won't hear a thing.

I believe Kobo books can also be downloaded to ADE, so with the Sonys, you have access to both the Sony and Kobo online bookstores, as well as your public library's ebooks.

The PRS-650 would be perfect, unless she would also like something that is highly portable, in which case I would choose the PRS-350. Both should be available now with discounts.

If someone were clicking away next to me in bed for any length of time it would drive me crazy. You won't have to worry about that with a Sony. It is great for a marriage!

Edit: Oops, sorry ... the classic Nook also has silent page turns, but it is limited to the small touch strip on the bottom. You have the benefits of a full touch screen with the Sonys.

Last edited by PatNY; 12-15-2010 at 02:07 PM.
PatNY is offline   Reply With Quote