View Single Post
Old 01-04-2011, 02:49 AM   #14
GreenMonkey
DRM hater
GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST glow, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeiLin View Post
I liked "Ender's Game"; I remember reading the original novella in Analog way back when, liking it a great deal then, and being very happy to discover later that it was expanded into a full book. But I'm afraid Card lost me with his virulent homophobia. I won't read him now.
Yeah, he's VERY anti-homosexual. It's made me not want to support him financially, but I love Ender's Game, the Shadow books are good, Speaker for the Dead is pretty good. Not a huge fan of Xenocide.

I was baptized a Mormon (whatever RLDS is now) - I'm not a fan though. I've been agnostic bordering on atheist since my teenage years - I never really got it or felt anything like some of my family.

I thought his strong religion came out a little the second time I read through the Shadow books. He came out a bit strong on some "family matters most" themes as well as some of Bean's character development that seemed a bit unlikely to me in the end.

Last edited by GreenMonkey; 01-04-2011 at 02:52 AM.
GreenMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote