View Single Post
Old 03-05-2014, 11:33 AM   #116
Sharkus
Evangelist
Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Original, WiFi, Touch, Aura, Aura H20, MiniGloHD ;) iOS app
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
After a very quick look, I like the changes. The home page works a lot like on the e-ink readers. The stats page looks good. It has a little to much pink for my taste. But, I guess that would change if I read something other than books.

One thing, which I think I mentioned before: How do I tell if a book is a preview in the library? On the home page, it has "Preview" at the bottom of the tile. But, I can't see any difference in the library view. And opening the details doesn't show anything. It doesn't even have a way to buy the book! When I first looked, I didn't notice the "preview" on the home page and it was only when I opened and read to the end that there was any indication that the book was a preview.
Thanks for the feedback.

We did used to have an icon on the book cover to indicate weather it was a preview, plus a bookmark icon to indicate the book was being read.

To provide a cleaner look to the library, both of these were removed. Currently the only ways to see if a book is a preview is to either go to the "Want to Read" collection / shelf, which contains only previews, or go to the home page, which will indicate it's a preview.

As for buying a book, you are correct, there is nowhere in the app that makes any reference to the ability to purchase a book, be it a price, or where you can get the book. This is due to changes enforced by Apple a while ago that requires you to use the In App Purchase system if you wish to sell specific content within the application. If you don't use IAP for purchasing you cannot have anything in your app that provides a mechanism to purchase, or mention how / where to purchase.
Sharkus is offline   Reply With Quote