View Single Post
Old 05-23-2013, 11:20 AM   #799
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
I've noticed that the same font used on the KPW is a little bit thinner than it is when used on the KTouch. The first has a 758x1024 resolution, the second has 600x800.

If using fonts that are optimized for computer screens which often have very low DPI's compared to e-readers (often below 100 DPI), then they are VERY thin on the Kindles. The Touch has 167 DPI, the KPW has 212 DPI. I expect those fonts to be even thinner still, on the Kobo Aura HD, which has 265 DPI. (It's not for nothing that Kobo has a slider to adjust font weights, but I do not know if this works for custom fonts. I expect that it doesn't, and only works for the built-in ones.)
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote