View Single Post
Old 02-17-2012, 04:38 PM   #7
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emrexcem View Post
but it still does not mean that there is no way witout jailbreak it you just explained that the jailbreak does not remove any file . it add files
First of all, your "does not mean that there is no way" statement is a "double negative" statement that simplifies to "means that there MAY be a way". So, are you saying that you "may" agree with me, or did you just word that poorly and you meant to say that you disagree with me?

Actually, what I said before DOES mean that you can run a script WITHOUT doing a jailbreak. How many times must I repeat myself in different ways until you understand? As I also said before, you can modify a jailbreak script to NOT write the key certificate (or any other) files when it runs. For example, it could instead make backup copies of your root partition without changing anything on it.

You can run the RUNME.sh script without adding any files to the root partition using ixtab's method. I have successfully tested four additional methods of running custom scripts or user-compiled native code without modifying the root partition, and one of those methods can run my code in the kindle CPU "on-chip" memory, without needing to read or write ANYWHERE in the MMC storage (or even in the SDRAM memory), unless I want it to, even if the kindle is severely bricked. Of course, that code CAN read or write anywhere if it chooses to.

As I said, the JAILBREAK script writes a key certificate file, but it does not NEED to do that. It can be modified to just run the RUNME.sh script on the USB Drive.

And like I asked before, just how do you think a jailbreak script runs the FIRST time anyway, without already having been jailbroken? I already explained that. It is an example of the "chicken and egg" problem, also called "catch-22".

If you can run a script to actually DO a jailbreak, then you can instead run a script that does OTHER stuff but does NOT do a jailbreak.

Did you not understand my previous posts, or what? If you still wish to "correct" me, please get your facts straight first. Go read some books or something...

Last edited by geekmaster; 02-17-2012 at 05:16 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote