View Single Post
Old 12-10-2007, 03:27 PM   #19
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Bezos said he wanted it to "disappear" in the hand and be booklike. I think that's why they went for the white color and that wedge shape. They wanted it to look like pages. The white reflects too much light back, though. The screen would actually be even more readable in a darker case. To me, it seems like they kept going down that conceptual road even after it was obvious that it was a bad idea. (Yeah, I know the FCC pics were unflattering but you'd thing they would've listen to all the hundreds of blog criticisms about how ugly the thing is.) I'm not a fan of the shape but I can see that maybe they were already too committed to change that. However, changing the color of an enclosure material isn't time consuming or expensive in manufacturing.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote