View Single Post
Old 01-13-2010, 11:46 PM   #3
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
hahah i was about to post a thread titled "Russian government testing secret ereader" i figured the overly melodramatic title would hook a few people in

Charbax did a video of this with them but i havent seen it yet.

absolutely first shots of this screen in a device in the wild.

This case is actually just a rough prototype they put together for a test by the Russian education minister. Its not the final design at all.

I think some might not understand the difference between this display and that used by Plastic Logic. While this PVI panel is using a plastic back pane it is still using silicon based transistors. Plastic Logics panel is made with a plastic back pane and PLASTIC transistors.

The tech for the plastic back pane is quite a process. they first create the plastic by spraying it onto a piece of glass, they the they create the tft layer on that and finally they shave it off the glass with a laser. the glass is re-used http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EPLaR

Last edited by Dulin's Books; 01-13-2010 at 11:52 PM.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote