View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 10:34 AM   #9
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
As far as I have been able to understand both I_macd and HarryT are correct. The problem here is that macd's information is out of date, prior to 1995 (I think it was 95) macd's information was correct. Batteries used to have something called a charge memory where the battery would recall where the battery was charged from and if you did not discharge the entire charge from the battery they would not charge fully as well as the life of the battery measured in recharge cycles. The problem is that since 95 there has been a new type of battery on the market where this information is no longer true. Batteries no longer have any memory of where they were charged from and as a consequence you can partially discharge the battery or fully discharge it, it makes little difference. No longer are the batteries measured in recharge cycles, its really a good guess as to how long your battery will last. Since the change over in types of battery comes before the introduction of the first generation kindle none of macd's information applies to any generation of kindle in any way.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote