View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 08:25 PM   #251
Andrew H.
Grand Master of Flowers
Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Kindle 3 (aka Keyboard), iPhone, iPad 3 (not for reading)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cHex View Post
This is a case where I believe US laws have infringed on people's constitutional rights. While it is proper for courts to enforce equal-access to public property (toilets, drinking fountains, buses and utilities where government creates monopolies, etc.) I think telling restaurants, for example, that they MUST do business with any class of people should be considered unconstitutional.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xg4bx View Post
or bars that have 'ladies night' where women drink for free.

and i've gotta support cHex, i completely stand behind freedom of association.

in todays uber sensitive climate of political correctness what business or private establishment would honestly be willing to take the PR and revenue hit by openly discriminating against a group of people anyway? not very many. but it should be perfectly legal for those who wish to.
It's certainly brave of you to stand up for the right of restaurants to exclude blacks. And it's certainly naive of you to think that some restaurants wouldn't.

But if you believe that antidiscrimination laws are unconstitutional, what constitutional provision do you think they violate?
Andrew H. is offline   Reply With Quote