View Single Post
Old 03-09-2005, 10:08 AM   #6
PaulJManoogian
PaulJManoogian began at the beginning.

Device: Dell Axim x30
PostGrant,
Imagine PAINTING on a wall, or a billboard, where you could present your ideas in high-quality, superior contrast, images?! Being able to roll-up an OLED screen, like I can a newspaper, would be great!

I think the general thinking is that it will be for specific uses and they're missing some of the big picture - or just not advertising to those organizations. Why wouldn't a hospital want something that could project large, clear, versions of digital image data for X-rays or CT scans, on a wall? They need to market better.

One caveat, though... if they market towards replacing books, newspapers, and magazines, people are going to question the overall ubiquity of the screens. I mean, how many people read the paper and toss it, so they don't have to carry it home? How many people have dropped a book, or a magazine... in a puddle! Can I put this thing in my back pocket without it breaking when I sit on it? There are issues to overcome when working towards these, and until they're covered, I think people will be more likely to still stick with something as simple, available, and functional as paper.

but... we're getting there!
PaulJManoogian is offline   Reply With Quote