View Single Post
Old 12-17-2010, 01:50 PM   #6
andrewburt
Science Fiction Writer
andrewburt can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.andrewburt can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.andrewburt can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.andrewburt can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.andrewburt can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.andrewburt can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.andrewburt can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.andrewburt can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.andrewburt can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.andrewburt can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.andrewburt can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.

Device: several
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidRM View Post
You should have included the month-year of release for the book. Then you could have separated out new books from books that have been out a year and so on. With no date information, the data you collect is less useful.
Your wish is my command. I've added a release date field for data going forward.

My hunch is that ebooks are all relatively new right now to most buyers (since demand is increasing exponentially, this suggests that many buyers are completely new to ebooks), thus almost all the self-published ebooks are unknown to them, thus sales will be relatively unaffected by age. But I'll be glad to analyze that.

Anyway, I'll repeat my call for data -- please everyone, submit your info. (No matter how small or recent.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidRM View Post
For December, BTW, my paperbacks are outselling my ebooks. Might be an artifact of Xmas gift giving. Dunno. But I have less than 3 full months of data, so I don't think I have enough data to draw any conclusions.

-David
Possibly related to the general difficulties of giving ebboks as gifts. (Does the recipient read ebooks? .Mobi or .Epub? How to do the licensing, etc.) That will get easier in time but I think it's tricky this Xmas.
andrewburt is offline   Reply With Quote