View Single Post
Old 10-17-2010, 07:00 PM   #15
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
That was the website...this is somewhat different. I have, btw, worked at places where people were fired for saying things like, "we're pushing it out in 3 days." even if the person doing the pushing was the one making the statement. As I said earlier, time will tell...

More then that, I think one of the reasons we don't get dates for this sort of thing was that Kobo has learned that particular lesson the hard way. Stuff happens, difficulties arise. Priorities change. No promises means less disappointment and far fewer angry customers feeling cheated and lied to. Heck, they took the October 18 date off the website for pre-orders a bit ago. People read all sorts of things into that--yet they are shipping this weekend and available in at least some of the stores already.

Last edited by taming; 10-17-2010 at 07:05 PM.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote