Thread: Seriousness The concept of 'TIME'
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2010, 09:49 PM   #73
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Have you ever read the long out of copyrite work "Flatland"? Skipping the bits about war, the societies in it ..... and how the 1-dimensioner's view 2-dimensioners, etc .... gives a very good feeling why someone *IN* an N-dimensional universe (i.e. our 4 dimensions including time) cannot even conceive of a larger dimension. They don't have words to describe it, and can't wrap their heads around the idea of more dimensions than they know.

I find it useful for thinking of time as one of those "we can't even imagine it" dimensions -- i.e. a 5-dimensional being *can* move backwards in time, whereas we cannot. Actually, we can imagine it .... so that's a little different than the dimensions discussed, wherein one's brain can't even grasp a higher dimension than it is built in. But the book stretches the mind as regards to the more usual of our 3 dimensions.

Very interesting read!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote