View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 03:35 AM   #242
fosssil
fosssil began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Glolight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeebra View Post
Does this "bluish-grey splotch" show up in pictures? I'm interested to see what this looks like. Also as I've learned, it's usually not good to be on the first wave of shipped products for some defects such as this. Being an international customer where I can't even order the paperwhite yet has forced me to wait. Hopefully if these are just production defects they can get it sorted out with newer constructed units.
I am in the same boat...I was going to order two, but now after reading all "Early adopter " posts, its none until they get things sorted...

The opinion that I have is that the PW is having to drive the 3 LED's way too hard to do a job that Nook Glo with 8 LED's takes in its stride... I have a Nook Glo, and apart from the top inch the light is very even

I was going to purchase the PW's after considering the sum total of how it was presented , but the screen as it presents in real life just fails to deliver...there should be no "making do"...or "I can live with that"...its just not good enough at the moment...I feel they need a version 2...not just the FW, they need a hardware revision, or if there are some PW's that are OK, then better quality control..

The PW as is will damage Kindle's reputation I am sorry to say...

I am very disappointed, as now it appears my wife will be reading her older kindle and me my Nook Glo, right through Christmas and then until the problem gets sorted...I am green with envy no longer...

fosss
fosssil is offline   Reply With Quote