View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013, 11:57 AM   #1
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Best App to tune one's wireless net

I thought others would like to know there is one app for the Kindle Fire HD which can set your wireless network to the best channel.

Wireless networks can tune from channel 1 to 14. The App, WiFi Analyzer, using its Channel Rating (after tapping View) screen shows the channel your router is currently using and the best channel to use in your particular environment.

Watch the channel ratings sporadically over a few hours and then change you router channel. You will see network performance soar. Go to View \ Signal Meter and you can test your network performance in all areas of your house.

Tap View \ AP List and you can see channels being used by your neighbors.

I was having problems streaming music from my PC to one of my internet radios. I changed to the recommended channel and it works perfectly now.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote