View Single Post
Old 05-31-2016, 08:26 AM   #14
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleshuffle View Post
It should work like this, I think: I install a font with a smallcaps variant on my reader (so that I don't just have regular, bold and italic, but also smallcaps as a fourth font file) and then, when I put "font-variant: smallcaps" in the stylesheet for a class of text, that text should be displayed in smallcaps. And that is what doesn't work.

Am I getting this right?
Yes. The problem is that ADE ignores the font-variant attribute, although it's required to support it according the ePub standard. (See section 3.4 of the 2.0.1 specs.)

ADE is also really bad at supporting selectors. See Section 3.1

It ought to be really simple to specify that the first line of the first paragraph be in smallcaps, with the first letter bold and twice normal size.

But ADE doesn't support first-line or first-letter.

Last edited by pdurrant; 05-31-2016 at 08:33 AM.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote