View Single Post
Old 12-15-2013, 07:54 PM   #27026
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I have a friend who's a marine biologist. Her kids found a slug one day and wanted to make a pet of it, and not one to stifle inquiring biologically-inclined minds, she assented. THAT dang thing lived in a terrarium and grew to be nine (no exaggeration) inches long before it mercifully expired. My friend swears she had no hand in its demise.
When I moved to WA state I had no experience with slugs and very little knowledge of their existence even. My closest reference was anecdotes from my east coast raised mother with blood suckers and swimming holes. I got here in early spring about two months before my kids came out, and had stayed with relatives until they got here. The day we moved into our house, and the first time I had ever let them alone, they were seven and thirteen, my son being the oldest, I had gone to return the uhaul truck my friend had brought everything out in. Apparently while I was gone, one of the local kids told my son about slugs. When I got back my daughter was hiding behind a corner of the house, she jumped out and both kids shouted "surprise!". I Damn near fainted as my son had put slugs on every inch of her exposed body, and she was wearing shorts and a tank top!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote