View Single Post
Old 04-11-2010, 09:16 AM   #331
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
:smooch:

If it's a work like The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire by Edward Gibbon, I say yes, choosing an excerpt to read would be fine. If it's something like Tolstoy's War and Peace, then I would say no, because such a book needs to read in its entirety.

Did I win?
Well, you get a kiss back for consolation. You went very very close with Tolstoy. How smart you are, individually, just yourself, by all means. My second example is about the first chapters of the 3rd book of Anna Karenina. Where he goes and works in the country with his peasants. This to me is one of the best things ever written.

The first one is not Gibbon, who makes a fantastic reading anyway. No it's something much older and very actual. Our common friend Ea would certainly like it. Hopefully.
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote