View Single Post
Old 10-30-2013, 11:57 PM   #204
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
Things have moved on, especially since the introduction of ICS and JB.
Very true. I also see considerable improvements in Android 4.3 versus 4.0 from only a year ago or so. For example, the keyboard seems to me much improved. (Let's not even mention you can install 3rd-party keyboards like SwiftKey on Android, whereas you're stuck with whatever Apple gives you as default on iOS, and it's a suboptimal/buggy default.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
My feeling is that Apple has little to gain by lowering their prices.
But perhaps they have, incrementally, lots to lose (namely, user share) by refusing to lower prices. We've seen a dramatic drop in pricing among Android devices between 2012 and 2013, with no corresponding move by Apple, and with no corresponding drop in quality among Android devices. Whereas it was impossible to get a solid, serviceable Android tablet for $150 a couple of years ago, today this is real. Yet Apple still pretends as if it was 2011.

If the trend from 2012-13 continues into 2014 and 2015, the disparity in pricing between Android and iOS devices may become so dramatic it may lead to a significant reduction in iOS user base. At that point, it may start to hurt Apple, but it may already be too late to rectify the mistake, just as it was no longer possible to launch a counter-attack once Windows established its 90%-ish dominance over Mac OS.
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote