View Single Post
Old 03-07-2010, 05:50 PM   #8
sgoldin
SF/Fantasy Author
sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Adobe Digital Editions
Post Jade Darcy/d'Alembert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darqref View Post
Hey Steve,

Did you and Mary Mason ever write any more of the Jade Darcy stories? Loved those, and got them again from Fictionwise when they went up. And I liked the writing style a bit more than the D'Alembert series - I think you tried to imitate Doc Smith's style, and I find it dated.

Roger
Roger,

Thanks for the compliment! Unfortunately, Real Life intervened and introduced complications that have delayed us from further books. (Mary's stroke in late 2001 was less than helpful.) We haven't given up, though. Work continues--entirely too slowly--on Jade Darcy: Run Out Of West, which is a prequel to Affair, set 5 years earlier and detailing Jade's first few days on Cablans. After that we plan JD and the Blue Harvest. All it takes is time and energy. Please keep the faith.

As I replied to Mike above, I totally agree with you about the d'Alembert series--which is why I've redone it now. It's still not up to the level of Jade, but I do think it's much, much better--and more realistic (if anything about a space opera can be said to be realistic). I think it's definitely been sharpened up.
sgoldin is offline   Reply With Quote