View Single Post
Old 03-02-2009, 02:36 PM   #7
jesse
Connoisseur
jesse can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.jesse can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.jesse can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.jesse can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.jesse can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.jesse can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.jesse can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.jesse can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.jesse can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.jesse can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.jesse can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Calibre includes tools to convert ePub to mobipocket. It is a python script which you could certainly run on a server.

You would need to have mobi files on the server or have something that converts on the fly when the Kindle requests the file.

BOb
Yep. I initially started with calibre's tools. On a couple of my first test items, I was fairly bummed out by calibre's output, though having played around, it's noticeably better over the past week.

Some of the stuff I'm planning isn't straight-up document conversion and I'm a Perl person, so it made sense to me to go with something in my native tongue.

There are three or four other sets of tools I looked at before deciding I'd spend my weekend building out something to teach myself how the document formats actually work.

At least part of this exercise was to learn a bit about the insides .mobi and .epub. As I've worked,I've been rototilling MobiPerl to modernize the codebase.
jesse is offline   Reply With Quote