Thread: Glo Glo Battery Problems
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013, 10:42 PM   #381
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shai-Hulud View Post
This is pretty obviously what they are doing for the new Touch/Glo, I would agree. And the hardware between the two Touch models I've owned certainly appears identical too. And yet if you chuck the old firmware on the new device it bricks (I tested for the team after backing up). Whatever the differences are they must be significant enough not to enjoy the benefits of rolling the old Touch into the unified codebase and further extending the conditional forking.
It is definitely what is happening. The only real differences between the packages for the different devices are the boot images. If you unpack the KoboRoot.tgz from the two packages, the differences are some font files and images. Plus three USB drivers.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote