Thread: PRS-T1 PDF Issues
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2014, 07:01 AM   #1
hahamango
hahamango began at the beginning.

Device: Sony eReader PRS-T1
Post PDF Issues

I recently downloaded a few eBooks that feature foreign characters which appeared as question marks on my eReader. To get around this issue, I converted the books from epub to pdf format via Calibre. However, I've noticed a few issues when reading them:

Firstly, if I attempt to highlight a word (probably not possible since it's pdf, but I wanted to try anyway) all text disappears. I can hit the "home" button, but if I try to open a book, the pages appear as completely black. Eventually, I get a pop-up on screen saying that the "Reader App in Reader has stopped responding." This issue also occurs if I attempt to "save" after using the handwriting tool in these pdf books.

Secondly, all the text in the pdf ebooks disappears starting on page 62... The text later reappears--unfortunately not where it left off--some pages later (varies by book). The text appears fine in Calibre, so I would think that it has been converted correctly...

Has anybody else had or heard of these issues before? Or do you have any ideas on how to resolve these issues?

hahamango is offline   Reply With Quote