View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 07:08 PM   #242
Andrew H.
Grand Master of Flowers
Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Kindle 3 (aka Keyboard), iPhone, iPad 3 (not for reading)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
And quite frankly: I don't see the benefit of such high resolutions.
I've had a Toshiba notebook in 2002, with a (back then) spectacular resolution. Result: For office apps I simply had to switch to a lower res, text was too small to work adequately.
Resolution may be nice for games and multimedia. But do I need more than the resolution of Surface RT for business applications?
Well, the 2002 comparison isn't quite apt - that was an example of using greater resolution to put more things (but smaller) on the screen; tablet HD displays tend to use greater resolution to show the same items on the screen at the same size, but more clearly.

But whether this matters for business...probably not much. At my work, I most commonly use my iPad for sharing PDFs and other documents during meetings. While the iPad 3 is sharper than the 2, the 2 would be perfectly reasonable to use if that's what I happened to have with me. But it's not like there's *no* benefit to having an HD screen.
Andrew H. is offline   Reply With Quote