View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013, 01:50 PM   #37
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
We are coming upon our two-year anniversary in June, and our book club year will "start a new year" in July.

I think the club has gone very well this year, but change always marches on. There may be some tweaks here and there to our rules, categories, etc., but as far as I can see, nothing major.

In addition to what's already been posted here in this thread the last few weeks, which I'm taking into account, I was wondering what changes any of you would like to see? Any new categories you'd like to see added? Categories you'd like to see removed? Categories you'd like switched to different months? Rules you'd like to see tweaked? Things you'd like added to the club? Things you'd like removed from the club? Anything you want clarified?

We have a few months to discuss things before any new changes take effect. Keep in mind that for the most part there won't be any polls or anything to determine what changes we may make. Since we're a smaller club, I'll simply make judgment calls. A poll or two could happen if it seems appropriate. We'll just play it by ear.

For reference, here is our current category list for July 2012-June 2013:

July - Highly Challenging
August - Lottery
September - Contemporary
October - Plays
November - Region
December - Open
January - Poetry
February - Time Period
March - Non-Fiction
April - Obscure
May - Region