View Single Post
Old 03-09-2013, 04:06 PM   #6
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Regarding customer service from Google and Asus, when I tried to get a refurbished or discounted replacement from Asus, the pretty much (tactfully) told me to go screw myself. I called Google back, and even escalating my case to a supervisor, they pretty much just gave me the middle finger. That made me decide to NOT buy another Nexus 7, but I do not see anything else with more "bang for the buck" right now. I guess I will just stick with my external mouse and keyboard until something better comes along, or the Sony Xperia Z comes down in price so I can afford it ($749, ouch!)...

Sadly, when the 16GB Nexus 7 cost $249, Asus charged $160 to repair it. When the price dropped to $199 (and the 8GB model was discontinued), Asus INCREASED their repair cost to full retail replacement cost PLUS return shipping PLUS loss of resale value ($75 to $150), plus ANOTHER FIVE DOLLARS just for an extra "kick in the teeth". If you take the salvage/resale value of the broken Nexus 7 into account, it ends up costing TWICE AS MUCH (or more) to repair your broken unit than to buy a NEW replacement.

Google and Asus must REALLY want their customers to exclude them from their vendor list for future purchases! I guess with the Nexus 7 selling like it does, they really do not need all of us annoying customers...

Last edited by geekmaster; 03-09-2013 at 04:13 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote