View Single Post
Old 12-01-2008, 03:34 PM   #11
Xenophon
curmudgeon
Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, (ex)nook, (ex)PRS-700, (ex)PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jplumey View Post
Thanks for the tip. In fact, I've already started the next one.

As for the Baen forum, I am a little hesitant to putting out a manuscript I intend to publish. I don't mind getting critique, but I'd rather do it in a more controlled environment like a writer's group or something local. I don't want an un-edited version of a manuscript floating out on the internet.
That particular forum is not a "floating out on the internet" kind of place. (I think. Ask at the bar before believing that I'm correct.) Most importantly, it certainly avoids being "prior publication."

If I correctly recall the FAQs for that forum, they encourage posting in chunks anyway, so you can always stop before you get to the end. Or take other steps...

Xenophon

P.S. I suggest a brief google search on "Baen's Bar Slush Pile" for lots more context on the idea.
Xenophon is offline   Reply With Quote