View Single Post
Old 04-28-2010, 11:35 AM   #65
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by awx View Post
Divs are a good fit for dividing sections of an Xhtml document. Heading tags are a good fit for producing headings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Not according to the ePUB standard. These are accepted and encouraged methods of formatting and dividing data.
I think we may have a misunderstanding here. Dale and I are saying that using a heading tag that signifies that the what follows after it is a new chapter is a good idea. All books have some sort of actual heading at the beginning of every chapter: a number, a chapter title, something in a larger, bolder font.

That's what the heading tags should be used for since that's what they were created for.

Even if you further separate chapters with div tags, you will still have such a heading text (in a heading element or not) at the beginning. So why not use that?

But your idea of wrapping every chapter in a special div... I have nothing against that. It adds more semantic information, so I say go for it.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote