View Single Post
Old 10-05-2011, 07:24 PM   #693
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by EatingPie View Post
Here is a another great example of the problems with lock-in.

Hellmark is hardly a newb, and yet he doesn't (and neither do I!) know exactly who supports which DRM for B&N. Let's face it, it's just too complicated. New users want something that works, period! Having to all this DRM research is -- again -- detrimental to end-users. Oops, I made one tiny mistake on which version of Adobe DRM my Reader supports, and now I'm SOL unless there's an update!
Yeah, things change so much, that it is hard to keep track. Wasn't that long enough, that the RMSDK with nook support was out, but no one was using it. Basically, it is all you can do to just keep up with your own device.
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote