View Single Post
Old 05-08-2013, 09:49 AM   #13
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
We are talking about international shipping, and the Aura's are generally coming within the time frame that were promised. When I order from Amazon US, the time can range from a week or so, to 14 business days. Amazon does its own fulfillment. Kobo's US fulfillment provider has failed in many ways, but the time does not come as any huge surprise.

Nate, there is a story here, but, from my POV, it is a communication failure story rather than a delivery failure one. They would both be negative (makes better news, eh) but one is just plain true (that would be the communication part) and far more important. Kobo does not seem to know where in the delivery chain a device is and there is no way to check anything about delivery from the Kobo website. Email messages were never sent, in some cases, and in others, shipping notices seemed oddly timed.

So go skewer Kobo (again) on this one, but maybe stick to what is demonstrably true and most important.

PS: You don't want to hear the horror that ordering and getting a Nexus 7 was for me.

Last edited by taming; 05-08-2013 at 09:59 AM. Reason: more info
taming is offline   Reply With Quote