View Single Post
Old 06-16-2013, 05:10 PM   #24
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen_Smith View Post
We went electronic partly because I like gadgets and partly because we had so many books we were starting to get to the options point:
1) Move house.
2) Get rid of some books.
3) Put the books in the house and actually live in a tent in the garden.
4) Go electronic.

Nowadays, we're gradually coverting the paper novels to electronic; if I want to read one of our few remaining paper books, I scan it and check the OCR as I read. I tend to take the view that if you have an e-reader, it makes sense to convert over completely. It's a long job, though! :-)
The space thing was probably the biggest issue for me, too. Oddly, it's one of the reasons I've been reading paper books this year: many of them I can get rid of once I've read them, and I get the space back. Digitising my collection seems like a lot of effort for no particular gain.
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote