View Single Post
Old 09-22-2009, 08:40 AM   #7
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidzebra View Post
Yes, I hate it when those bears get all up on my screen. Stupid bears.

(dedicated buttons FTW)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
I hold my 'touch screen' reader with my left hand, and swipe my left thumb left to right (an arc actually) to turn the page.
i do the same thing, but opposite, with my right hand.

i very occasionally use the buttons (depending on my position), but so rarely that i voted for "i use it (exclusive use)". i like the touch screen because it effectively allows you to create your own dedicated buttons wherever they are most convenient for you. excellent ergonomy.

also, i apparently have unnaturally clean fingers, because i've never had a problem with fingerprints or smudges on my screen.

when i first got my 700 the left-to-right swipe seemed so completely natural to me that i didn't even think of changing it. (in graphic design, left-to-right is the direction which communicates moving forward, going towards the future, etc., so it seemed quite natural to use it to go "forward" in the book). then one day someone said to me "that makes no sense, it a paper book it's the other direction / you should be "pushing" the current page off the screen (to the left, into the past...) to reveal the next screen" and naturally since then i sometimes get confused (only when giving a demo, of course. when i'm reading it's quite instinctive and i don't even think about it). even so, i still prefer left-to-right, because for me, physically it's more comfortable than the inverse.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote