View Single Post
Old 09-05-2009, 01:12 PM   #46
jotas
Connoisseur
jotas has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jotas has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jotas has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jotas has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jotas has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: who knows?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanetCinNC View Post
I was all excited about the 600, but now that I've used it for a couple of days, I'm regretting the purchase.

I don't need note-taking abilities. I've never written or highlighted in a book before, and I won't do it in a digital book, either. I exclusively read for pleasure on my reader, so I don't need notes anyway. I got along fine without an on-board dictionary for years. I just liked the way the 600 looked - lured in by a pretty face.

I couldn't sleep last night, so I read for a few hours using my Mighty Bright clip-on. I found it harder to hold everything and still get my finger onto the screen to change the page. With my 505 and light wedge case, I had fine-tuned the way I held it so that I could keep one finger at the top of the book to hold the light wedge in place and keep my thumb on the page turn button. Reading was effortless.

I found myself constantly adjusting the position of the Mighty Bright last night. Constantly fidgeting everything around to change the page resulted in my cover getting bent (not a permanent bend, just a curve).

I asked my husband if he liked his 600, and he admitted that he didn't use the touch screen. He used the buttons to turn pages, but the button wasn't as convenient as on the 505. I think he did like the Might Bright clip-on better than the light wedge case.

I don't know what to do. I always like getting new things, but I've never regretted giving up the old one before like this. I guess I'll try it out a couple more days before I decide.
Hello,

Your's is a very good description why I will not buy or upgrade to 600.

Specially display and reading quality is a top, no-discussion-possible for me.

Don't worry, return your 600 ir you didn't like it and feel comfortable with 505. Only if the readers are returned or not selling, Sony will consider release in future better readers, if any!

Thanks! Regards!

Last edited by jotas; 09-05-2009 at 01:18 PM.
jotas is offline   Reply With Quote