Thread: Vox Love my Vox
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 05:19 AM   #24
echwel
Connoisseur
echwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Forma (sold), Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senior View Post
Since both the Vox and Glo have sd card ports. Can I download from my internal card an ebook I bought from Kobo or Kindle, and then place the sd card into my wife's Glo for her to read? If so, is it relatively easy? (2 questions)
1a. You need a computer to copy it from internal memory to sd-card, I guess.
1b. You have to take notice of DRM. If you use the same kobo-account on your Vox and your wife's Glo, it will probably work for the kobo-bought books. There is a difference with them bought directly to the device, or via sideload. Then you probably you also need to share a Adobe-account. Also the Kindle-books might be DRM-ed with Adobe (don't know how they do it).
1c. Kindle-books are probably in .mobi-format? I'm not sure about the Glo supporting .mobi-books.
1d. You probably need conversions for either format and/or DRM in case not all of the above mentioned issues are solved.
2. If you know what you do, it is probably relatively easy. If not....

Either way, I would say that it is possible, to my thoughts the easiest way via Calibre, probably with help of 'Apprentice Alf':
Connect your Vox to your computer.
Copy the books from the Vox to the computer.
Import them into Calibre, probably with help of Alf. If the kobo-bought books are .kepubs, you need to download them first from the store as .epubs (not by syncing via desktop-software, but from browser).
If necessary, convert .mobi's to epub.
Disconnect the Vox, first in the software, then disconnect the cable.
Connect the Glo.
Send the books to the Glo from Calibre.
Disconnect the Glo, first in the software, then disconnect the cable.
Read books on the Glo.
echwel is offline   Reply With Quote