View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 11:31 PM   #2
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Hi,

I'm in Western Australia too, and commiserate with you on the lack of library ebooks! For you, perhaps, more than your child: have you checked out http://openlibrary.org/search?sort=new&subject_facet=Lending+library? Most of the worldwide-lendable ebooks are old classics, but there are a few available that are more recent.

I've fiddled quite a lot with Kindle, Kobo Touch and T1 (I have a KT, but I have relatives with Kindle and T1 which I helped set up). They're all good readers, in my opinion - but the Kindle won't read library books unless you've stripped DRM and converted them. These are piece-of-cake tasks once you've set up your DRM stripping (google Apprentice Alf) and set up Calibre to do the conversions. The epubs on openlibrary don't need this process for the T1 and Kobo.

Hopefully our local library system will get its act together soon.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote