View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 07:20 AM   #49
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shardancalibre View Post
Ok David, thank you very much. After some days I think I like the kobo glo. It's not mine actually, it's a gift for my mother, but I have been testing it in order to help me out in making a decision about what device to buy for myself: Kindle paperwhite or kobo glo. What has restrained me so far to get a Kobo are: 1) the annotation issue, but I saw that you can make up to it with calibre and 2) the battery life (as far as I know the kindle has a longer life).
If the difference (of batteryl ife ) is not so big, I could go for the kobo.
I couldn't try the paperwhite with my own hands because it's still not be sold in the shops here, you have to buy it online. You are surely more expert than me, which one would you suggest I should buy (if you know the paperwhite obviously)?.
I can't comment on the Paperwhite as I haven't seen one. It is the same here, they are not on sale in Australia. The Kindle Touch seems to use the same interface and I have briefly played with it in the shops. I didn't like it, but I had been using a Kobo Touch for six months so was used to that.

I initially chose the Kobo Touch because it supported epubs and I didn't want to be tied to Amazon. Plus I liked the interface and the price was right. When the Glo finally reached here, I couldn't resist. It is better than the Touch, but I miss the physical home button.

I can't really comment on battery life for the Glo. I read on the device for a couple of hours most days. But, for a few reasons, the device also spends a lot of time connected to my laptop, so the battery charge is normally high. My guess is that it would last me at least two weeks if I didn't connect it. I can't see myself needing to go that long without the ability to charge the device.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote