View Single Post
Old 03-17-2012, 10:02 AM   #21
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwig View Post
Just for fun I did an experiment with Lysistrata. I took the same source ePub that I had fed to calibre for conversion to MOBI and fed it to Kindle Previewer 2 (aka Fire Previewer) so that its KindleGen2 engine would create a KF8 MOBI. These result was smaller than calibre's:

ePub source = 632k
calbre's MOBI = 1853k
KindleGen2 MOBI = 1404k
Just for the info, I reconverted ( ePub>MOBI ) this GIF heavy book again, this time using 0.8.43 and checking the new option to not convert images. The result is a much smaller book, 702k vs 0.8.42's 1853k.
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote