View Single Post
Old 09-29-2010, 12:05 PM   #13
booknut
Zealot
booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: PW1 + PW2, NOOK HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiersten View Post
Ah. Yes. You lose the other 2 pages if you're not registered. Any reason why you don't want it registered?
I have no need to, I am using my Kindle to store only personal docs (knitting patterns) and I want to be able to update the firmware at my convenience. In order to save battery life, I turned wireless off already. That should actually take care of it but I also find the naming of this device sort of dorky, it's a tool for me, not a personal friend with a name...

I find it a little disappointing that many advanced features are linked with registration with Amazon but I guess that's the price you pay for getting such a cheap reader, the improved text is great for my eyes and that's why I bought it.

Last edited by booknut; 09-29-2010 at 12:14 PM.
booknut is offline   Reply With Quote