View Single Post
Old 09-20-2010, 04:24 AM   #13
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
There is a big differance between "having most of the market share", and total monopoly.
Personally, the perspective of having no choice on where to buy my e-books horrifies me.
I'll keep buying my book from waterstones or WSmith, even if more expensive.
And if amazon get monopoly, the first thing they are gonna do is raise prises, a lot !

Then, Amazon is just beginning with the UK market, the other might react and lower their prices. If amazon can sell book that low and make a profit, so can the other.

Maybe amazon don't make a profit, then amazon can't go on for long with these prise. Might be a "wait for people to buy kindle, once enough people are locked in, rise prises." strategy.

Last edited by EowynCarter; 09-20-2010 at 04:36 AM.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote