View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 09:35 AM   #15
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
...I'm very curious about Nokia.
I've got a Nokia Lumia 920 5 weeks ago. Did like it, but only started using it 10 days ago. On Friday, while using it, a vertical display error did appear. Single pixel, all over the entire height of the display.
Saturn Markt -that's the reason why I spoke to the technician on Saturday- pointed towards Nokia. Their DOA-period is 10 days, after that they don't exchange but repair...
Response from Nokia via Email:
I have to send it to repair.
I can't even send it to Nokia, I have to go through service partners.
Definitely my last purchase of a Nokia product.

The sales guy in Saturn Markt said: "This could happen to you with an iPhone as well."
But I don't think so.
Yes, you can have bad luck with every manufacturer.
But new hardware dying on me, 5 weeks after purchase and only 10 days of actual usage? I never have experienced this with any other product. Some (very few) had been dead from the very beginning, for example a display flaw in iRex 1000 from the very first start. Or they die after years of (heavy) usage. But within a few days/weeks? And then no flexibility at all?

And service partners?
Apple and others most likely don't do any repairs themselves as well. But at least it's not transparent for the end customer...

To be a bit brutal: I can understand the decline of Nokia's (and others) market share and it's well deserved!
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote