View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013, 11:18 PM   #2
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Here in Asia Apple's service stinks to high heavens. 14 month old iphone, Wifi stopped working. "Sorry, we can't repair. You need to pay $300.- to get a new phone --- same old model, of course." Then on a 1-week 4S the other side couldn't hear any sound during phone calls. They tried to weasel out of giving us another one "you opened this one". Of course we hadn't. We had two argue back and forth for a full 3 weeks before we finally got a replacement. An iPod gave out after little over a year, the battery wouldn't hold a charge. And a number of my wife's friends had similar experiences. My wife should be the ideal Apple customer, but she said there will be no next time. While what we had may not be representative of Apple quality, in the end it is those personal experiences that count. And this covered both HK and Taiwan.

Samsung's phones just look so cheaply made, yes -- so I have never really considered them.

Last edited by HansTWN; 03-30-2013 at 11:40 PM.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote