View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 03:13 PM   #14
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
hmm,all is not completely well with 6.0.2. 64 bit.

I a now tweaking a different book and every time I save it , then load it I find
<p class="calibre5"></p>
in between every text paragraph.
i.e. I see
<p class="calibre5">para1</p>
<p class="calibre5"></p>
<p class="calibre5">para2</p>
<p class="calibre5"></p>

etc all through the book.

this has no visual effect, in book view but it is disconcerting as I cannot deduce why in this book , but not in others, the empty paras are being added back in

any suggestions for further diagnosis ?
code view sample follows:
Code:
<p class="calibre5"></p>

<p class="calibre5"><span>On to Leah, then. She is a <span>Volo</span>, which is the top telekinetic demon category. Like Adam, she is a rarity, fathered by a singular high-ranking demon. The difference is that Adam, at twenty-four, only recently learned to use his full powers. As with spell-casters, the progression takes time. Although Adam started being able to inflict burns by twelve, it took another dozen years before he could incinerate. Leah, at thirty-one, has likely been in full use of her power for at least five years now, giving her plenty of practice time.</span></p>

<p class="calibre5"></p>

<p class="calibre5"><span>Cary</span><span>'s death was a good indication of what Leah can do. Yet it was the only clear example of her powers I had. Yes, we'd encountered her last year and, yes, lots of objects had gone flying through the air, but there was a problem. Not only hadn't I witnessed anything firsthand, but there'd been a sorcerer involved, meaning it was difficult to tell where his contributions to the chaos left off and Leah's began.</span></p>

<p class="calibre5"></p>
if I turn pretty print OFF, save & reload, I now see these mismatched tag entries instead:
<p class="calibre5"/>

and when I replace All of those I see xtra line spacing.

getting worried now about messing up this book so will post, go make backup, then ponder a while...

update - seems OK now - I turned pretty print back on, reloaded, no empty line additions, so the last thing i did ( a replace all aimed at the extra line spacing, followed by a save with pp off) , seems to have cleaned things up ok

Last edited by cybmole; 12-14-2012 at 03:20 PM.
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote