View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 01:04 PM   #244
bhaak
Groupie
bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Palm IIIx, (iPhone|Kindle) Touch
Update 2013-02-01: This version is outdated, use the new version in the normal installation package.

I found a way to start HackedUpReader from the home screen. This is currently experimental but especially for PW users I think this is better than nothing.

You have to install and execute the files manually but in a future release this will happen automatically.

Download the two attached files onto your K5 device and rename them to "policy.sh" and "HackedUpReaderKindlet.azw2". Put the HackedUpReaderKindlet.azw2 into your /mnt/us/documents/ directory.

Execute the policy.sh script (sh policy.sh) and restart your device or restart the framework.

You should see now a document named "HackedUpReader" on the home screen with a "Dev" marker. Opening it will start HackedUpReader.

There are some drawbacks:
1. when the devices suspends, HackedUpReader gets stopped too and will be restarted when the device is woken up again
2. HackedUpReader doesn't save the current reading position when it gets closed because of a suspend or press of the home button (I already have a fix for that but this will need a new release of HackedUpReader)
Attached Files
File Type: zip HackedUpReaderKindlet.azw2.zip (22.6 KB, 312 views)
File Type: txt policy.sh.txt (940 Bytes, 352 views)

Last edited by bhaak; 02-01-2013 at 08:48 AM.
bhaak is offline   Reply With Quote