View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 04:34 PM   #4
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ytrewq View Post
how far away is a kindle-usb-hack?
would it be a matter of days if the right hacker(s) were sufficiently motivated?
Yes probably EDIT: Hours, with the right dev.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ytrewq View Post
there would be ZERO competition, as there are ZERO eWriters for sale
and the intend is to (re)sell an UPGRADED kindle, not to build a new device

untill someone will be (re)selling it working out of the box, it's not for consumers
well. its really not that big a shakes now that Chris has come forward with a lot more pertinant and required info. Personally think it would be possible/advisable to port a decent writing application across while one was at it.

Chris has updated the info for the initramfs stuff which was a big stumbling block. I could just throw the changes at buildroot I suppose.

Don't have a mini usb keyboard, or I would have done it before now.
simple as that really. excited about the prospect of mini usb however for the audio support component on the non audio devices.

maybe I'll do a bit of ebay surfing this month see about getting a mini kb for the sake of testing. Not high priority though for me I must say.

Last edited by twobob; 10-26-2012 at 06:47 PM. Reason: Hours, with the right dev.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote