View Single Post
Old 11-28-2010, 08:29 AM   #3
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Plugin for a “Add to user category” feature

*** This plugin has now been deprecated and the replacement "User Category plugin" can be downloaded from the link below ***
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=118934

This plugin offers a quick way to add from the selected books to a specified “user category” via the context menu. A user category (defined using the tag viewer panel on the left of the Calibre display) can contain lists of any combination of authors, tags or series or publishers. For instance you could create a “Favourite Authors” or “Must Read” user category containing not only selected authors but also specified tags or series names etc.

Calibre by default includes a “Manage user categories” button allowing you to create, add and remove the categories and contents. However it can be inconvenient to add items to categories using this dialog particularly with large databases as it has no search capability. This plugin offers a convenient right-click alternative allowing you to add from the books selected in the library view.

Duplicates will not be added to a user category. If the category contents have been changed by your add click action then you should see this reflected in the count and contents of that category in the tag viewer.
In the attached screenshot I have two categories defined: “Fav Authors” and “Processed Auth”. In my case as these are author specific categories I would only use the “Selected authors” sub-menu when adding to them, but the flexibility for combinations exists as you require it.

Special Notes:
  • I have not tested this plugin on anything other than Windows. If someone running Calibre can feedback success or failure on other platforms it would be appreciated by others I am sure.

Installation Steps:
  1. Follow steps as per first post above
  2. NOTE: As the menu of user categories is built at Calibre startup, adding (or removing) new categories using the “Manage user categories” dialog will require a restart of Calibre for them to become available.

Original tracker ticket here
Original forum discussion thread here
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AddToUserCategoryScreenshot.png
Views:	1428
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	61952  

Last edited by kiwidude; 01-28-2011 at 09:00 PM. Reason: Replaced with User Category plugin