View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013, 11:17 AM   #527
Tachikoma
Connoisseur
Tachikoma might easily be mistaken for a TexanTachikoma might easily be mistaken for a TexanTachikoma might easily be mistaken for a TexanTachikoma might easily be mistaken for a TexanTachikoma might easily be mistaken for a TexanTachikoma might easily be mistaken for a TexanTachikoma might easily be mistaken for a TexanTachikoma might easily be mistaken for a TexanTachikoma might easily be mistaken for a TexanTachikoma might easily be mistaken for a TexanTachikoma might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by samhy View Post
Francois_C and Tachikoma have you read this thread? Maybe that can help you.

I am currently using a Mini and the behaviours you're describing never happened to me. The battery is very strong in fact and holding on for weeks. I hope the thread will help you
Thanks!

Been following that thread since the start, I don't have the sudden drain problem, my battery lasts a good week with around 3-4 hours reading a day with the light on full, it's just that I have no idea how much battery I have left when I check the device. I charge it weekly as a matter of course, but I keep getting caught out by the device telling me it should be good for another few days, then it shutting down.

I was wondering if it was due to the cold weather we have been having for the last few months, and the battery was just dying due to the low temperature, but even in the house I can see random battery reports and it suddenly dropping impossible amounts.

I mix and match between Kobo store books and random Project Guttenburg style free classics, so I can't really pin it down to "it only does it with sideloaded ePubs" And as I commute a good 5 hours a day, I need the Glo too much to really do similar experiments as in that thread.
Tachikoma is offline   Reply With Quote