View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 09:24 PM   #58
kobokobe
I am what I am
kobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfolded

Location: An enormous, polar bear infested igloo that we call north of the 49.
Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertJSawyer View Post
I bought a Kobo Glo fabric Sleepcover in heather gray tonight at Chapters in Mississauga, Ontario.

The good: the fabric has a nice feel to it, and so does the interior lining. The Sleepcover on/off functionality works just fine. Unlike some earlier Kobo covers, there are no business-card pockets; it holds the Kobo; nothing more -- which is as it should be, in my view. Construction quality seems high: the embedded magnet doesn't stick out at all, and there's a buried back plastic panel that has the four corner clips on it, only the clips stick out through the fabric, but the fact that it's all one reasonably stout piece of plastic behind the fabric means the clips shouldn't be too fragile.

The bad: it's heavy -- the wonderfully light-weight Kobo Glo feels heavy with the cover on. It's big: the case is in fact taller and wider than the first-generation Kobo Touch case Indigo used to sell -- which is nuts, since the Glo is a shorter device. The extra width makes it harder to reach in to touch the screen to turn pages. Although the Glo snaps into the case easily enough, it's clearly designed to be left in there -- taking it out of the snaps is a struggle.

They also had the black Sleepcover, which has a smooth vinyl finish (instead of fabric), and didn't feel as pleasant to the touch -- and it felt like it might cause sweaty palms in the summer.

I like this case, but don't love it -- at least not yet. But I've had it less than an hour.
This is what I figured from the pictures. I prefer the black, but the material/texture doesn't seem to be as nice as the grey one. I guess I'll have to check them out at the store and decide.
kobokobe is offline   Reply With Quote